How to generate a barcode for printing
Barcode generation is built into Partnums.com Just go to the search page and enter the UPC/EAN/GTIN code. A detailed
page is shown with information about the code and barcode samples. All valid barcode numbers are supported. Each barcode can be saved
to PNG format. You can use the PNG file in any word processor or graphics program that supports images.
How to use barcode images in other documents
The site displays standard UPC-A and EAN-13 barcodes where applicable. Barcodes generated on the site can be exported as transparent
PNG files by clicking the download PNG buttons. You can apply the transparent PNG file over any light colored background. For use on a
webpage, simply display the PNG file using an IMG tag and the page background will show through. The images can be scaled down to some
extent, but scaling too small may prevent scanning.
For dark backgrounds, use an image editor such as Photoshop, MS Paint, Paint.net, Gimp, etc and invert the colors of the PNG. This will give you a
transparent white barcode. To fill in the background, use a paint bucket fill. Flattening the image will usually fill the background in
How to print barcodes
For label printers, you may be able to print the image directly to the printer. Use the Save buttons to generate a PNG file and open it
in your graphics program. Then adjust the page setup to print the barcode on the label in the proper orientation.
Printing barcodes directly to a Brother QL series label printer using Paint.Net software on Windows
- On Partnums.com, enter your GTIN/UPC/EAN
- Save the barcode to a PNG.
- Open the PNG in Paint.Net (you can open PNG files directly with Paint.Net to save a step)
- Select File->Print and select your paper size. For continuous labels select the paper width.
- On the printer dialog, select Options, then Printer Properties
- Select Normal Format, the Label Width and Portrait.
- Set the Length to the height you want the printed barcode label (up to about 2in).
- Now print a single copy to test the setup and adjust if needed.
- Large sizes can be printed either by exceeding the paper length, or using landscape mode. On 2.4in paper (2 3/7), you can print
up to 3.5in wide barcodes in landscape.
Back to home page